Bernice is one of my students I am the most amazed with her progress! She started with me as a referral from one of my current students. Her goal was to simply “not let her posture get any worse,” as she put it. When I met her in 2011 she had extreme kyphosis lordosis posture, meaning her lower back swayed far forward and her upper back had a hunch. She said she had always had the posture but that it was getting worse as time went on.
After her initial assessment, I found out that Bernice was actually in pretty good shape. She did not have any injuries or pain so I explained that we can significantly decrease her excessive curves in her spine no problem so long as she was consistent and dedicated. Fortunately, she is just that kind of person. She has been doing two solo’s per week for over two years now and she is a whole new woman.
Her posture is amazing as you can see in the pictures. It continues to improve month by month. She is stronger and more flexible. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of her original assessment, but kyphotic lordotic posture was significantly more dramatic two years ago.
Taking two hours out of her week to focus on her body gives her the opportunity to de-stress from her demanding work. She is now able to do movements that two years ago were literally impossible for her to do.
Bernice is a perfect example of how people are very adaptable. With focus, consistency, and the proper information we can change our state of well-being through movement!
Bernice is still with Upside-Down Pilates. Her 6 year birthday is coming up! She continues to grow as an athlete. We are far past working on posture and injury prevention… We are now working on hanging upside-down in the splits on the cadillac. Yes, you read that correctly. She is pictured above doing a hanging plank on the Cadillac. This is the first step in working towards hanging splits! Although Bernice looks young, she is the grandmother of two. We cannot wait to see what Bernice is doing in ten years time! Neither can she!
- Early registration for teacher training closes Nov 6th! NEW intro group lesson package! Happy Thanksgiving discount code GroupFun!
- Happy Halloween! Don’t forget to sign up for our Neuromuscular Reeducation Teacher training course and our group Pilates classes!!!
- Set the bar into motion in our ActivMotion Bar Pilates Workshop! New Neuromuscular Reeducation Teacher Training modules and upcoming group classes!!!
- Fall Deals! Discounted Intro Solo Package, One week left to register for PNF Face & Neck Workshop, and upcoming events!
- Happy 4th of July from Upside-Down Pilates! Join us in our current Group Lessons, PNF Pilates for the Neck & Face workshop, & Level II Barrels video!
- Get Ready For Bikini Season With Upside-Down Pilates! Join Us In Our Current Group Lessons and New Level II Pilates Chair Video.
- Get Your Pilates On With a Free Pilates Day Groundwork Class! New ActivMotion Bar Workshop, Upcoming Group Classes & Cadillac YouTube Video.
- Spring Deals! Discounted Gold Level: Intro Solo Lessons Package, New Open Group Classes, & Pilates Day Offering!!!
- Register for ActivMotion Bar Workshop with Derek Mikilski, PNF Pilates for the Face & Neck Workshop and current Pilates group lessons! View our new Groundwork Level II Video and buy tickets for Mr. Gaga.
- Pilates with Activation Bar Workshop, Group Lesson Schedule, and Resistance Band Level II Videos